Here’s a few of the workshops and events I have designed and facilitated:
- Trained hundreds of public librarians in the development and implementation of adult learning and community development programs through in-person and virtual training workshops with P2PU. Over a three-year period, participants of my workshops included library professionals from Chicago Public Library, Los Angeles Public Library, Toronto Public Library, Boston Public Library, and Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh.
- Designed and hosted an experimental learning lab with P2PU and Next Library, an international gathering for forward-thinking library professionals
- Developed curriculum to train local community organizers in the methods of Jane’s Walk, a global platform for free locally led walking tours
- Designed and facilitated courses and workshops for more than 400 front line staff, managers, and peer workers in Toronto’s community services sector
- Co-facilitated and coordinated a 12-week Participant Engagement course developed for Drop-in workers with the goal of increasing the capacity of homeless services agencies as community spaces for engagement and advocacy
- Coordinated Community Development and Volunteer Support workshops for more than 60 international volunteers from 11 countries with Sport Coaches Outreach (SCORE) for two years in South Africa and Zambia.
- Designed, developed and presented training courses focused on HIV/AIDS education for more than 150 youth and school teachers in 4 Zambian Provinces with SCORE and the Zambian Interfaith Network Group on HIV/AIDS